Runner Selection Process
- All previous winners (male and female) of the Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run.
- Any applicant who has finished the Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run six or more times.
The race committee reserves the right to select and admit 5 at large runners in addition to those chosen in the drawing.
- No one will be exempted from paying application fees.
- No one will be exempted from performing trail work.
- All applications are non-transferrable and cannot be rolled-over to the next year.
- No group payments – there must be fee payment form and a check for each runner.
- Race numbers will be randomly assigned and no one will be granted a request for a particular number.
- Names of those selected will be posted on www.wasatch100.com after the selection meeting the first Saturday of February.
- Additional chances for selection in the lottery will be based on the following criteria:
- Runners not selected the previous year – one additional opportunity for selection.
- Runners not selected the two previous years – two additional opportunities for selection.
- Runners who have volunteered at Wasatch 100 Mile Endurance Run aid stations and/or have assisted the race for a minimum of three years – a one time additional opportunity for selection for each three years volunteered.
GRAND SLAM RESTRICTED ENTRY PROVISION
If you indicated on your application you are planning on running the Grand Slam and your name is not drawn in our runner selection process in February, the race committee will hold your application and entry fee.
You will be allowed to run the Wasatch 100 if you satisfy the following requirements:
- Grand Slam hopefuls must apply for the Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run in a timely manner as do all other entrants. Applications not submitted and fees not postmarked during the specified application period will be returned to sender. IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT YOU APPLY IN A TIMELY MANNER! ABSOLUTELY NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
- You must also apply to the Grand Slam in a timely manner.
- You must successfully complete the first three races in the Grand Slam.
- Your completed trail work for the Wasatch 100 must be emailed no later than the August trail work deadline listed on the home page of our website and on your trail work report form. Please remember that we do not accept volunteering at another race as satisfying our trail work requirement nor do we accept trail work performed for entry into another race.
If you do not satisfy all of these conditions your application will be denied and your fee check will be shredded or returned to you if it is a cashier’s check or money order.